Wednesday 16 November 2011

Pterodactyl and Other Small Talk

I’m in front of my computer with my hands on the keyboard with no clue where to start. Sorta like when you go upstairs to get something, but as soon as you get there you can’t remember what it was. But when you go back down again, then you remember. Or is that just me?
Anyway, it’s Terri here (short for pterodactyl, of course) and I’ve been assigned the daunting task of writing the first proper blog. Terrific.
However, since this is the first blog, so I can’t help feeling like I don’t really know you guys, the readers, that well yet. And vice versa. So I guess that most likely would lead us to exchanging small talk. Which unfortunately may lead to the weather. 
Ah the weather, if the conversation wasn’t completely draining before it sure is now. I might as well just say ‘any craic?’ followed by the allusive ‘nothing much, what about you?’ which of course would be followed by a full stop. End of convo. Period.
It just occurred to me that any non-Irish readers might be slightly confused by me randomly bringing up drugs. So just for further reference, craic=news\good times. E.g. ‘the craic was unreal hey’ translates to ‘it was a jolly good time.’
So…
Nice day we’re having, eh?
Well that’s about all I can come up with. I promise I’ll do better next time, later.

-Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment