Wednesday 18 April 2012

Howard

Taz here. 

So I got a new ipod. 

I know, I know. You're thinking, that doesn't sound meaningful or deep or angsty-is this the same Taz from the last few weeks? 

Well it is. Sometimes I write light-hearted stuff. 
Honest. 

I got my first ipod at about 11-it was one of those with the touch-wheel, and let me tell you, that was a good Christmas for me. Never before had I been more happy. It was light green and very sleek looking, an electronic goodie inside an Apple box. After bullying my brother to do all the computer-connecty-stuff for me, I sat back, relaxed, and listened to some quality music. 

Er- It needs to be said it was what I thought was quality music-it was actually a mixture of High School Musical and Hannah Montana. So sue me, I was a Disney Channel child. 

Around two years on, it started acting up. A year or so after that, it became comatose. A vegetable.  
Um, not literally or anything. It actually just totally stopped working, and I sprung on the opportunity to get my metaphor on. The point is, it was bye-bye portable music for me. 

Until now. 

(If this were a movie, this is the bit where the music picks up. Before that, it was a mournful tune that hinted nostalgia and dying ipods) 

I caved and bought an new ipod-it arrived yesterday. (The truth is, jogging is just too boring without music.) It's an ipod Nano, this cute little square device. The back has a clip, for listening to music on the go, and the glossy cherry red surface has "Okay, who bit my apple?" engraved on it. I only have about 500 songs so far, but many a sleepless night will be spent downloading all the music I missed in the last year or so. (Notice I no longer need my brothers help)

I'm very happy with it. I named him Howard. 

Happy Wednesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment