Thursday 7 June 2012

Call me maybe- dissected

Hi guys, teri here.
I'm not late, pft, what?
anyway, for this blog I thought I would change it up a bit, by dealing with the slightly-to-old-for-me-too-bother-but-I'm-going-to-bother-anyway, call me maybe by carly rae jepsen. because i'm sure there's no way you're all sick of this song yet(/sarcasm) lets have a looksies shall we?

I threw a wish in the well,
Technically, you throw a coin in a well, but ok, we'll let her away with it.
Don't ask me,I'll never tell
ok, so she's playing by the rule; if you say your wish, it won't come true. fair enough.
I looked to you as it fell,
wait, what happened to 'don't ask me I'll never tell'? she's basically just said what she wished for! *sigh* silly girl.
  and now you're in my way
this is a line that is sung repeatedly throughout the song. honestly, that guy should just give her some space, jeez...
I trade my soul for a wish,

okay, well she's pretty serious all of a sudden.
pennies and dimes for a kiss
wait, so she'd trade her soul for a wish but just pennies and dimes for a kish? lucky guy. maybe she didn't wish for him at all, maybe she just wanted a pony...
I wasn't looking for this,
see what I'm saying? she wasn't looking for a guy, she just wants a pony!
but now you're in my way
just get out of her way son! she wants her pony!
Your stare was holdin',
ok, kinda creepy.
 Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
I love how her definition of 'skin was showing' is a wee bit of skin on his legs. 
 Hot night, wind was blowin'
hot night, wind was blowing?how was it a hot night if it was windy? maybe she's trying to be poetic?
 Where you think you're going, baby?
so, by the sound of it, he's finally gotten out of her way and now she wants him back? make up your mind child! and now we move onto the Chorus
Hey, I just met you,
 and this is crazy,
 but here's my number,
so call me, maybe?
so basically she's just given some random dude her number. smart move, I'm sure it won't end badly.
It's hard to look right, at you baby,
is he really that ugly? 
 but here's my number, so call me, maybe? And all the other boys, try to chase me,
whoa whoa whoa wait hold up for a second there? all the other boys? What kind of girl has ''all the other boys'' chasing her? stop being so selfish and go for one of them!  
but here's my number, so call me, maybe?

You took your time with the call,
whoa, plot developement. he actually called her? surprise surprise.
 I took no time with the fall
ok, I like that, that was quite clever, good job Carly!
(or whoever actually wrote this song)
You gave me nothing at all,
Girl, you've literally just met him and you're looking for presents? give him some time!
but still, you're in my way
oh brilliant, he's in her way again.
I beg, and borrow and steal
Jesus, calm down, I'm sure he'll call again! or you can just assert your independence as a twenty-first century woman and you call him back! you go girl!
At first sight and it's real
ok, you keep believing that honey. Maybe get to know him a little first? no? of course not, that would involve sense..
 I didn't know I would feel it,
I don't think she really needs the 'it' there considering 'real' doesn't rhyme with 'feel it'. Also I would have enjoyed mocking her for saying 'I didn't know I would feel'.
 but it's in my way
just walk around him! my god!

and then it's the chorus again, and then there's this:

Before you came into my life I missed you so bad I missed you so bad I missed you so, so bad
wh-what? before she knew he existed, she missed him? Is she psychic or something? In which why the hell are you writing cheesy love songs about giving your number to random rapist when you could be improving the world! my god girl. have a heart!!

and then the chorus repeats, and repeats, and repeats, and repeats, and repeats, and then it ends..

and just for the record, I'm not hating on Carly, I quite liked the song when it first came out, then it became popular and I started hating it, then it grew on me again because I was hearing it non-stop, then it started to annoy me again becuase I was hearing it non-stop.

so yeah remember to rate the video, comment the- I mean bye.

-teri

3 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed that :D You might enjoy this...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWVwgDnuzE

    Jennifer/Media Group Gal

    ReplyDelete