Thursday 14 June 2012

¿Podría repetirlo?

Taz here.

Did you know Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world? (After Chinese, of course. (What, did you think I was going to say English? (Ha, Wikipedia, my trusty advisor, says the most spoken lingo is Mandarin Chinese -thus it is so)))

I'm just home from Salou, a tourist-ridden touristy town thing, (Alliteration!) which bestowed many things upon me.

1. Firstly, a glorious bikini tan. (Alright it's a bikini burn but you have to give these things time)

2. A small (huge) community of freckles who have taken up residence on my skin.

3. An instilled belief that I can amass a loyal group of child followers no matter where I go in life.

4. A gorgeous bag. (That one wasn't bestowed on me, in fact money was given in exchange for it)

5. And finally, the understanding that foreign languages honestly sound a bit angry when you don't understand them.

Spanish is just so passionate, isn't it? (That may or may not be a genuine question-how the hell would I know the answer?) And it's spoken so fast too. Let me tell you, when you overhear a Spanish conversation on a bus-and the passengers are behind you, so you can't see them-you can become perplexed as to whether they're really happy and having a boisterous conversation, or trading bitchy comments back and forth. (Either way though, you're concern is probably why they're talking so loudly on a packed bus-privacy mustn't be an issue)

Getting to the point, I decided it was about time I learnt some Spanish. I intend to travel one day, (and not to tourist-ridden touristy town things) so it was bound to come in handy. (Being the second most spoken language in the world, that is) So I downloaded the library's iSpeak Spanish CD, and am starting to learn basic Spanish.

Me llama Emma, encantado de conocerlo. Entiendo poco de espanol. (There should be a squiggly thing on top of the n, btw) Adíos!



No comments:

Post a Comment