Wednesday 15 August 2012

The Points Race, the Leaving Cert and the Future

It took me quite a while to decide what I would do my blog on -it's not easy to pick one topic in a world of so many and write about it. Writing is the easy part -deciding? Yeah, not so much. It's not even an important decision like let's say, choosing your course in college, determining where you want to be after college. It's all a mix and a jumble and a catastrophic combination of different things coming together in a big huge ball of complicated wibbly wobbly nothingness.

And so, seeing as today is results day and all across the country, eager students are awaiting their fate in the world from that little slip of paper, carefully adding up all the point they managed to scrape before spending the summer as a big partying fest, wondering what on earth they will do next.

My brother was one of those students, and so I am partly sharing the excitement that comes with today -aunties ringing and placidly congratulating him, most of them sincere, some maybe comparing them to their own children's. He did very well. Likely to be the best in my extended family on nine cousins, on my dad's side. All I'm thinking of is "HOW CAN I BEAT THIS?"

But I will. Believe me, I will. I did it in the Junior Cert and I can do it again. Fueled by competition is maybe not the best way to go, but if it gets me to where I want to go, then so be it.

And where do I want to go?

What course will I choose when it's my dreaded turn to fill out the CAO course application form....?

I have no clue.

None whatsoever.

Nada.

The important thing is to have a goal, and start somewhere, reach for the top, knowing all the while that if you fall a little short or land a little ahead, you'll most likely end up where you're meant to.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO PICK A STARTING POINT AND WORK YOUR HARDEST TO GET THERE.

Peace out, y'all!

Arma

No comments:

Post a Comment