Thursday 29 March 2012

Follow Your Heart.....

 Follow your heart. 
    That corny line that makes everyone cringe... And yet,  there has to be some truth in it -maybe not in love life terms but even for me, in ways of my future career. The one I've been agonising over since I was about nine years old. It's probably unusual for a teenager to fret so much about what they want to do in later life, but I don't care -it's a thought that frequently haunts me. OK, "haunts" is a little but too dramatic but it gives us the same message. I'm not even sure why, but I know that I just don't want to end up ina job I hate. And so, it comes back to the same old thing -passion or practicality? 
    For parents it's easy; they want their child to have a job and a stable income. It's for a good reason, I know, but sometimes it leads you into a job you hate and who wants that? I don't, and that's why I'm constantly warring with myself over what I should or shouldn't do. It could turn out badly, but I think it's important to follow your heart. I'm the kind of person who firmly believes "What's for you won't pass you" which is to say, "everything happens for a reason", but sometimes I can't even trust things to turn out the way they should in case I fail. 
   It's stupid, I know, but I like to do well, as everyone does, I'm sure, but for me, it's more of a need. That's why it has took me so long to embrace what I want to do instead of what I should do. As my music teacher said, there's no jobs in anything at the moment and if you love something you'll find work in it, no matter what it is. This in mind, I've finally given into the feeling that has been gnawing at me for quite a while now -the feeling that seemed to shout "Do music, you loooove mooooooosic..!" And so, without setting it in stone, that's where I'm headed for now.  
    Maybe from that. I'll still end up in journalism but even if I don't, I'll take It in my stride and find work in the music industry in something I find that I love -music production, performing, teaching, even, though I'm not mad about teaching, to tell the truth. But I think I'll also incorporate English, because I love English, it's nice and interpretive and although sometimes the whole "there's no wrong answer" can be said to be annoying, I love it anyway. The same with music, you could put me in a music class knowing absolutely no one and I'd end up not caring in most cases because I love it. 
    This in mind, nothing's set in stone, so it could change. It might not, but we'll see, and if you're having the same doubts that I am, I shall say to you, do what you want and believe that you are good enough without anyone else having to tell you. Once you believe you can do it, you will succeed. 
   And on that note, I'll leave you for this week! I'm off to watch Pretty Little Liars, my new steadfast obsession. 

Peace out, 
Arma.

No comments:

Post a Comment