Wednesday 5 September 2012

Concerts

Taz here,

   So it looks like me and the gang will be going to see Ed Sheeran in January. He's in concert in the O2. I'm pretty buzzed, honestly. We're planning on standing tickets-though it's unlikely we'll have to deal with much jostling at a heavy metal concert like Sheeran's will be. 

   The best thing about his music, in my humble opinion, is the lyrics. His songs are almost poetic, with some of my personal favourite lines being, "Resembling cutlery on the sofa," and "I could do without the tan on my left finger where my forefinger meets my knuckle." For all us softies out there, lines like that are written for us. Just so we can melt into a puddle of goo and coo softly. 

However, he wouldn't be my first choice of artists to see live. My past concert experiences are both meagre and sorta pathetic; Westlife; The X Factor Concert; and The Script. Nowadays I'd be more eager to get tickets to Freelance Whales, Of Monsters and Men, FUN.... all of which probably won't be playing in Ireland any time soon.

Ed Sheeran though... that'll be brilliant. 

Anyway, you're all to check out this new band, "Bastille." Their album just came out and they're FRICKIN' AWESOME. Look out for their songs, "Flaws" and "What Would You Do."

GO NOW AND YOUTUBE THEM.


1 comment:

  1. I'll make sure to check out that band on YouTube. Make sure to get those tickets first thing Friday morning, I'd imagine they'll sell out quicker than chocolatey treats at a media group get together!

    Jenn/Media Group Gal :)

    ReplyDelete